We are beginning to think about year-end now that October is here! Hard to believe the year is almost over. A few things have trickled in from Microsoft regarding GP year end updates:
As of now we know the following details:
- Seems to be no apparent W-2 or W-3 form changes
- No EFW2 (Electronic Filing) changes, however the new deadline for submitting W2’s is now January 31, not February or March like it has been for decades.
- Looks to be a few form 1096 form changes
- Payables 1099-Int and 1099 Misc. changes (small change, still under review more detail later)
- And ACA information is not yet in final form for 2016. Remember if you are using Dynamics GP for your ACA reporting, Microsoft does NOT supply the ACA electronic file. You will need either Greenshades or Integrity Data to file the 1095 data electronically. Of course the November election results could alter ACA reporting for future years.
As your Microsoft Dynamics GP partner, we are committed to helping you realize the maximum value from your Microsoft Dynamics GP investment. If you haven’t already enrolled, we encourage you to consider investing in a membership for Microsoft Dynamics GP User Group (GPUG), the world’s largest customer-driven Dynamics GP user group. The community is a great way to connect and collaborate with other GP professionals like yourself and to augment the training and services that we already provide to you.
InterDyn BMI is active in many ways and we’d like to help you in a couple of ways today:
Become a Member: We’ve recently secured a 10% discount for our clients who are interested in becoming Members. You can enroll online at www.gpug.com Enter this coupon code: PRP16InterDyn BMI on the payment form.
Join us at GPUG Summit this October! As our client, you can get a 10% registration discount. Please emailMarketing@InterDynBMI.com for the personalized code.
For more information, visit www.gpug.com. If you have questions, please talk to your Account Manager or emailKim.Peterson@InterDynBMI.com
Join InterDyn BMI and your Microsoft Dynamics® peers, including Microsoft staff and UG All-Stars at this year’s GP User Group Summit taking place October 11-14 in Tampa, Florida.
Here’s what you need to know about Summit 2016. You will find the below for each of the four User Groups:
- Hundreds of sessions for you to customize your experience, including role-based sessions for Accountant, Controllers and more
- Two full-days of instructor-led Pre-Conference Academy Training (Arrive early and participate!)
- Exclusive access to the Summit 2016 Online Community
- Presentations by many InterDyn BMI clients and teammates
- Dedicated Networking Receptions for you to interact with thousands of your Dynamics Peers and collaborate withMicrosoft Dynamics® Staff, InterDyn BMI team and GPUG All-Stars
- Opportunities to fulfill CPE Credits
- And of course, a beautiful destination – Tampa!
At InterDyn BMI, it is our goal to help you become successful, both as an organization and as an individual. That is why we encourage you to take advantage of resources (yes, even ones that extend beyond our desks) and tap into the Dynamics community. Dynamics companies and individuals have been digging deeper into their investment at each Summit and discovering areas of growth. Be one of those companies and individuals: register today.
As a client of InterDyn BMI, we can offer you a 10% off registration discount. Please email Marketing@InterDynBMI.com to receive the registration code. Keep an eye out for updates (Party plug… we are hosting a party!!)
Any questions? Email UserExperiences@InterDynBMI.com
GP2015 and GP2016 are both packed with user features for everyone in your organization. In this recorded webinar presentation, Sandy Wickman, InterDyn BMI’s GP Product Manager, explains many of the features that will excite you to be use the latest version/s and help you to do your job with maximum efficiency!
May 23 – 25th the first every GPUG Amplify conference for Dynamics GP end users was held in Anaheim, CA. Amplify is the new customer centric event to replace Convergence and it was a hit! It was a great event with over 400 people in attendance including over a dozen customers from the InterDyn BMI family. The Microsoft Dynamics GP and GPUG teams did an excellent job of putting together an educational event on very short notice.
Dynamics GP Users discovered the latest solution innovations from Microsoft and the over 20 ISV’s in attendance. There were new GP product updates announced and everyone was able to spend time connecting with the Microsoft team to learn about product roadmaps and provide direction on the future of Dynamics GP.
The learning sessions were varied across Dynamics GP with sessions on collections management, Power BI, Excel integration and ISV sessions. InterDyn BMI’s Mark Jensen presented a session on best practices for using Accounts Receivable.
Among the many announcements about Dynamic GP 2016 was that GP2016 R2 is in process and expected to release in the second half of this calendar year. The Dynamic GP team keeps moving along and the cadence of rapid releases every 6 – 7 months will continue into the future. There were a few announcement regarding reporting solutions with the biggest being about Management Reporter.
- Microsoft stated that Management Reporter for Dynamics GP will not be receiving any new features after GP2016 but will continue to be supported and shipped for 5 years with future releases of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Going forward Microsoft announced a partnership with Jet Reports to create Jet Express for Excel. This new reporting solution will be available free to all Microsoft Dynamics GP customers in June. InterDyn BMI will share updates soon on this new development.
The InterDyn BMI team and our customers who attended had a great time in southern California. Amplify demonstrated the passion of the Dynamics GP community and its commitment to education, networking and advancement. We invite you to come to Amplify 2017 next year!
We are excited to announce that Microsoft has released the newest version to the Microsoft Dynamics GP platform – Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016! Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 is a landmark release that offers immense value to our Partners and Customers.
Dynamics GP 2016 includes a new HTML5 browser with support for iPad, Android, and Windows Web Client; key additions to the All in One Doc viewers; ODATA service for Power BI, new service based architecture entities, and 35+ functionality features prioritized by customers.
Check out the Feature blog series for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 for detailed documentation and videos of all the features included in this product release. InterDyn BMI has also put together a series of GP webinars to help you plan, understand the new features and reasons to move forward as soon as you can. Attend these free sessions to learn how you can take advantage of the latest features available to you and make them work for the benefit of your business.
Contact us to learn more.
Start developing custom reporting like a pro! This free webinar demonstrates all that you can do with SmartList Designer and shows you what makes it different from SmartList Builder.
Contact us to learn more