In keeping with Microsoft’s recently adopted six-month cadence for releases of new versions of Dynamics GP, we can begin to look forward to an anticipated release of GP2016 in approximately April, 2016. Some of the proposed new functionality includes most popular requested features from customers, including
- Import/Export Smartlist definitions from the Designer – excellent for duplicating lists to another install
- Smartlist number field exports to Excel will be formatted as numbers not text
- New Home Page part can optionally display Power BI Reports – nice dashboard view
- Following on from the GP2015 R2 feature of Purchasing All-in-One view, the GP2016 version will include both Sales and Inventory All-in-One views. Accessible from several different places within the module, these provide requested visibility to your data.
- Prepayments on Purchase Order has been in existence, but with GP2016 you can now include the entire purchase order amount including taxes, freight & Miscellaneous, not just the PO subtotal amount.
- Project Accounting fields will now be available on Purchase Requisition entry. Project and Cost Category will now flow to Purchase Orders created from Requisitions.
- Budget Imports will now provide an exception report displaying accounts that aren’t setup in Dynamics to allow budgeting to
- When processing checks from GP, there will be a new option to select to pay by credit card. The payments will create an invoice for the credit card vendor along with a remittance form to show the invoices paid
- Payroll posting accounts setup will now include a navigation list with easy filtering and sorting functionality. Export and Import payroll posting accounts using MS Excel
- Workflow conditions have been enhanced when determining what to do for next steps when conditions are not met
- Scanning document attachments now include the ability to include multiples. Document feeder options and formatted as .tiff files will be included
- https support for Management Reporter helps to further secure communications for report information
Stay tuned for more details on the release of GP2016. Contact InterDyn BMI for more information.