We are beginning to think about year-end now that October is here! Hard to believe the year is almost over. A few things have trickled in from Microsoft regarding GP year end updates:
As of now we know the following details:
- Seems to be no apparent W-2 or W-3 form changes
- No EFW2 (Electronic Filing) changes, however the new deadline for submitting W2’s is now January 31, not February or March like it has been for decades.
- Looks to be a few form 1096 form changes
- Payables 1099-Int and 1099 Misc. changes (small change, still under review more detail later)
- And ACA information is not yet in final form for 2016. Remember if you are using Dynamics GP for your ACA reporting, Microsoft does NOT supply the ACA electronic file. You will need either Greenshades or Integrity Data to file the 1095 data electronically. Of course the November election results could alter ACA reporting for future years.